Nextdoor is the best way to stay informed about what’s going on in your neighborhood—whether it’s finding a last-minute babysitter, planning a local event, or sharing safety tips. There are so many ways our neighbors can help us, we just need an easier way to connect with them. (Click Here)
Did You Know!
SWIFT CREEK MAKES SAFETY A PRIORITY IN OUR COMMUNITY..
Spring & Summer is just around the corner, and many more walkers, runners, and cyclists are out and about on Swift Creek roads. With our established landscaping, changes in elevation and winding roads, blind spots and areas of limited visibility are common.
These can be very dangerous in areas where vehicles share the road with pedestrians. We’ve listed a few tips to help keep Swift Creek pedestrians safe.
· If you’re a walker, stay as close to the curb as possible. This allows cars to more easily navigate around you.
· It’s usually safer to face traffic rather than walking with your back toward oncoming cars.
· Try to make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume they see you or know where you are heading.
· At night, wear light colored clothing and carry a flashlight.
· Drivers should obey all stop signs and the 25 mph speed limit.
· Be observant and always be on the lookout for pedestrians, especially young children who may not be paying attention.
Suggestions & Comments
If you have suggestions or comments, please feel free to email them.